Frank Thorwald is managing Member of The Thorwald Group LLC. He is also the Chairman of the Arizona Oil and Gas Commission and a member of the Governor’s Regulatory Review Council. Frank served 3 Governors of Arizona on the Council on Workforce Policy; Transportation Vision 21 Task Force and the Commerce and Economic Development Commission.
Mr. Thorwald works with foreign and domestic enterprises to establish themselves or expand their business in the United States and Internationally. Provides Corporate, Government Relations, legislative support and Trade and Management Consulting with an emphasis on Problem resolution & crisis management and New Market Development. Frank provides these services by guiding client through compliance, Government, community relations, regulatory requirements, and political processes at the federal, state, and local levels. Identifying and perfecting strategic partnerships, uniting the often parallel yet overlapping worlds of politics, regulation, and finance.
Mr. Thorwald served as a senior advisor to Presidents Reagan and Bush, to two U.S. Attorney Generals and the Secretary of Education, Presidential and Attorney Generals Task Forces and Commissions and 2 Presidential Inaugurals on policy issues, logistics, intergovernmental relations, liaised between Cabinet members, departments heads, foreign leaders, Ambassadors, fortune 1,000 CEOs / Presidents and news media. He held a Top Secret - SCI security clearance 1 of only 1,000 people with that clearance level in the government. He was Press Secretary, providing policy briefings and logistics to members of President Regan’s family, U.S. Attorneys General, Presidential Commissions and Secretary of Education produced and directed numerous national and international media campaigns. He was Acting Department Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs and Legislation at the U.S. Department of Education and Consultant to the Inspector General. He advised the Director of the Office of Review and Oversight at the Department of Defense, now the Inspector General’s Office on Congressional relations for all DOD departments. Mr. Thorwald represented the White House and the Justice Department in more than 67 Countries with heads of state, Cabinet officers and the News Media. He has provided logistics services for President, Cabinet, diplomatic missions, and large complex events. Frank worked with Hollywood celebrities and Cabinet wives on a variety of endeavors and had the honor of meeting Pope John Paul during a diplomatic mission to the Vatican.
Frank has worked with world leaders and Fortune 500 CEO’s and senior executives creating solutions on a variety of issues including political, legislation, internal communications, Media campaigns, international relations, technology, transportation, regulatory, economic / business development, and trade issues. As president of corporations, he has provided unparalleled leadership and as a COO his direction avoided the pitfalls of rapidly growing company generating sales of 19 million a month. He serves on numerous corporate boards and is active in community improvement.
Community Service and Affiliations (Representative List)
- President, Governmental Alliance for Rural Arizona (represented over 7,000 rural AZ businesses)
- Chairman, White Mountain Film Commission
- Member Northland Pioneer College, Friends of Small Business Advisory Board. Advises the Arizona
- Department of Commerce on better ways to advise, train and promote small startup business
- Member Texas Breakfast Club
- Member National Sheriffs Association
- Member Executive Committee, Chairman Public Relations Committee, Peoria Unified School District #11, National Academy Foundation
- Member Northland Pioneer College, Curriculum development advisory committee
Committee’s, Commission’s, Boards and Councils (Representative List)
- Chairman and Commissioner - Oil and Gas Conservation Commission since 2009
- Member - Governor's Regulatory Review Council
- Reagan Alumni Association – Founders’ Club
- Member – Arizona Department of Transportation “ADOT” Freight Advisory Committee
- 1st Vice Chair Maricopa County Republican Committee
- Arizona Republican Party Executive Committee Member
- Commissioner – Commerce and Economic Development Commission
- Member - Governor’s Council on Workforce Policy, annual budget $55 million dollars
- Vice -Chairman – Past-Chairman Employers’ Advisory Council, State Board; Advises the Governor
- and Director of the Department of Economic Security on statewide employment issues
- President - Governmental Alliance for Rural Arizona (represents rural AZ),
- Chairman - Public Relations Committee Navajo Country Republican Party,
- Treasurer - Navajo County Republican Party
- Member - Arizona Governors Transportation Vision 21 Task Force, Finance Committee and
- Liaison with Native American Communities,
- Member - Rural Economy Development Study Committee,
- Member - Navajo County Republican Party Executive Committee,
- Volunteer - State and Navajo County George W. Bush Campaign for President,
- Volunteer - George W. Bush Campaign for the party nomination,
- Chairman - Public Relations Committee – Boulder County Republican Party,
- Chairman - Technology Committee – Boulder County Republican Party
- Certificate of Appreciation – Arizona Employer’s Advisory Council (2004)
- Certificate of Appreciation - Desert Storm Homecoming Foundation (1991)
- Certificate of Appreciation - American Bicentennial Presidential Inaugural Committee (1989)
- Certificate of Commendation from Attorney General Meese (1988)
- Certificate of Commendation from the Director of the FBI (1988)
- Certificates of Commendation from Attorney General Smith (1982 & 84)
Articles, Interviews and Speaking Engagements (Representative List)
- Who’s Who in Business 2000, 2001, 2003 and 2010
- "Modular Jail Construction" The National Sheriff, A National Sheriffs Association Publication.
- Interviews with LA Times, Christian Science Monitor, Wall Street Journal, CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN,
- Mutual Radio Network, local media outlets, foreign networks, and newspapers.
- Executive Working Group comprised of senior executives of The National Governors Association,
- National District Attorneys Association, US Department of Justice, and the National Association
- of Attorney Generals.
- Presentation to the:
- North Carolina General Assembly Joint Session of the Budget and Planning Committees.
- International Association of Drilling Contractors.
- Morrison Institute for Public Policy - North American Process Symposium - North American Energy: Utilities & Electricity.
- Arizona Corporation Commission meeting on alternate energy
- Personal motto
- Do the impossible, do it quickly and get out before anyone knows you're there.